Thursday 22 August 2013

Hard-to-forget Handmade Birthday Gift Made Me Nostalgic


It was my birthday last week. No doubt, a birthday gives a number of gifts from your near and dear ones. But this birthday, I had received a gift from someone not so close. Or I must say, someone who used to be very close to me many years back, but not in contact these days. She is my school-friend, who was very close to me those days, but we lost connection when she got shifted to Canada due to her mom’s job.  

That afternoon was very nostalgic for me when I received a beautiful gift by courier from her. It was a handmade envelope created by wrapping vellum paper. But its cutest feature was – it had a pencil-sketched school-time image of both of us, on my favorite bright orange color paper.  That envelope was enough to give me nostalgia remembering naughty, frisky, impish but, innocent school days. Those days when we were using vellum paper, bright color papers, craft papers, glossy papers and even parchment paper in bakery classes, every now and then.

Inside the envelope it was a ribbon-tied small photo album, of both of ours school-time moments, exactly how we used to create in our school craft assignments pesting our family photographs. The images in the album were those which she had clicked when I gave her a goodbye party at my home and a handmade dollhouse of bright color glossy paper. Small vellum paper-made cards, glued on each image, explaining how we lived the moment then was just one thing that was new in the album. 

Not only this, that envelope enclosed a letter with our favorite childhood poem written artistically again on a vellum paper

I am not finding words, which helped me to explain that precious and hard-to-forget gift so properly, enough to express my emotions I had caught in after having it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment