Wednesday 6 March 2013

Make Your Children Aware About Social Issues Through Various Activities

In this competitive world, it is very important for children as well as parents to always put their best foot forward in each field; whether it is in studies, or in any extra-curricular or social activities.

Here, I would love to share my personal experience that I had just a few days ago, with my daughter.

Recently, a competition on 'Social Awareness' was held in my daughter's school. The topic was pretty difficult for students; so, the school had allowed parents to help their children with this. Since my daughter was really excited to take part in this competition, being a mother, I decided not only to help her but also to come up with something outstanding and helpful for her.

We started searching for a product using which we can create something different and we wanted to highlight one of the major issues of our society. We chose a topic that is very common, but many of us do not have proper knowledge about it, which is AIDS. Almost everyone among us has a bit of knowledge regarding this, but don't want to share or discuss it up to the extent it needs to be. Thus we wanted to have something, which can easily convey our message to everyone.

I discussed this with my friend, she suggested me to visit Jam Paper’s website for once. I visited their website and found numerous products, which were looking fabulous and could help us make our project outstanding. The only thing that I was worried about is the budget, but the prices of Jam Paper products are so affordable that common people can also enjoy buying those. Therefore, my daughter and I had selected Ribbons as a way to convey our message. In Jam Paper, there was a high range of Ribbons, right from Raffia Ribbon to Satin Ribbon and Twines too. These products helped us so well that we could execute our project superbly.

We made a cross sign using red Satin Ribbons which shows the serious as well as an important gesture of this social issue i.e. AIDS. And other products like Twines, Raffia Ribbons, colored envelopes, etc. helped us highlight our project on various other ideas. In addition to all these, my daughter also gave a speech on the same topic and impressed everyone in her school. All this made her win the prize, as well as to gain the knowledge on a crucial social topic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment