Tuesday 17 September 2013

Cardstock Paper: Paper Crafters’ Staple


“Mom please buy me such a paper, which I can make a calendar from,” shouted my 5-year old sweetheart after coming back home from his friend’s place.

But I, not much aware about variety of stationery items being an uninterested person about crafts and all since childhood, was not known about any such paper. However seeing my kid’s interest in creating his own calendar, I forced myself to take interest in that. And as the first step of it, I started searching a paper that would be convenient for my 5-year old to handle and create the best of what he wants.

My search ended me on cardstock paper, a paper thicker and sturdier than that of the regular paper. Hence, crafts made using this paper are distinguished and appealing in look. Also, they last longer. Moreover, it is called as the staple of paper crafters. This is why, I found this as the best paper for my toddler’s little to-be-calendar.

I made a profound research on this type of paper as I hadn’t have any idea about any such paper before, though I might have seen it thousands of time. My research gave me every tid-bit of card stock paper; right from its types to the projects and techniques that can be tried with it.

To my amazement, I found that cardstock is available in thousands of shades, variety of structures and textures. Out of so many types, I chose just five types of card stock papers for the tiniest and cutest calendar my kid wanted to make to mark his friends’ birthdays and his other important days.

I picked:

Textured - A unique textured card stock paper made up of variety of fibers.

Glossy – A cardstock paper having shiny, lustrous coating.

Glitter – A card stock with a coating of colored glitter.

Matte – A cardstock that has lusterless coating.

Iridescent – An eye-catching card stock paper with a coating that displays a spectrum of colors. Its color changes as per the observer's position.

No comments:

Post a Comment